Monday, October 15, 2012

It came to pass.

The Book of Mormon uses this phrase 1,297 times. 

How grateful I am for the phrase, "it came to pass." For if it had said "and it came to stay," the book would've been entirely different. Every trial ever endured by Nephi, Mosiah, or Helaman would  never have ceased. Sorrow, guilt, and grief would have continued on, if simply one word was changed - from "pass" to "stay." 

I am so grateful for the promise that my trials will come to pass. That my life won't be like this forever. That I have the opportunity to learn and grow and believe in my Savior more and more everyday because of this trial. I am so grateful that feelings of being alone, forsaken, and forgotten will not linger. These feelings just overwhelmed me, but today the sun came up, it was a new morning, it was a new day; and I realized with a new, fresh attitude that my trials had indeed come to pass. They were no more. I might feel worthless again, but that will come to pass. "Men are that they might have joy." God created us to be happy, and to love Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment